Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back in Nicaragua

We made it! I’m typing from our hotel room in Managua, looking at a mountain of suitcases full of donated clothes piled next to my bed. Our plane was a little late but we managed to get into the hotel around 11. Everyone headed to bed not too long ago.

I’m so excited for this trip. I’m honored that eight of my family members and friends chose to join us in celebrating the one-year anniversary of VISEDAL’s kids being back in school. We have some great stuff planned.

Tomorrow we’re going to kick things off by going to the church I attended when I was living here. It’s quite lively. The twirling dancers will be a nice introduction to Nicaraguan culture.

Then we’ll have lunch and prepare for our party at a local park for the kids. We’ll bring some sports equipment, letters from their Big Top pen pals and, of course, fried chicken! It will be so great to see the kids again.

Ok, bedtime for me. Thanks for keeping tabs on us. I’ll have more tomorrow night.

-Dylan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you all arrived safe and sound. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love, Leslie

Dottie said...

Hi All -- glad to hear you arrived safe and other than a late arrival the trip went smooth. I know the kids will be very excited and happy to see all of you again. Can't wait to hear the updates.
Have fun and know my prayers are with you....love - Dottie